Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memorial Day Celebration!

I know its a little late but I just wanted to share with everyone the cupcakes I made for Memorial Day!

My friends' Blair and Kevin were having a Memorial Day cookout so I decided to bring the dessert. These were red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing! They were delicious and very festive!




To get the swirl of color in the white cream cheese icing, I did what is called bag striping. Its super easy and adds a fun punch of color to any cupcake!

All you do is take a piping bag with the tip already attached, and before you put the icing in, stripe the sides of the bag with gel food coloring using a small paint brush. Make sure that you put the food coloring on pretty thick. Then spoon the icing into your striped bag and massage the stripes of food coloring so that it absorbs into the icing.

I use this technique when I need to decorate cupcakes in a hurry!

I'm taking summer classes at school right now so I haven't had much time to bake but, as soon as school lets out I'll be back in the kitchen!

Thanks for reading!

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment