Friday, February 19, 2010

I've Been Sooo Busy...

Doing other things less enjoyable then baking and blogging! For instance, school and work :( But you know what they say, work must come before play. But anyway, I'm back and have a few cakes to show you!


This first cake is the one that I made for my final lesson of my cake decorating class. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but it's pretty good I must say, for a beginner! It would have looked great aside from the blowout, which is something that occurs when the icing from the center of the cake starts to ooze out and causes some lumpiness around the middle of the cake!


All of the roses in the middle were created using a tip #21 and tip#104.


I wanted this cake to be fun and bright...I think I accomplished that!




This next cake is one that I made for my friend Blair's daughter's 2nd Birthday. Her name is Lucy and she absolutely LOVES Alvin and the Chipmunks! So I made her a, as she calls them "Munks", birthday cake.

I used piping gel and parchment paper to transfer the stencil onto the cake. Then I just used various star tips to fill in the characters bodies.

As always, I wish it would have turned out a little better but that will come with practice, and Lucy was happy so thats all that matters!

Well, that's all for now...but don't worry, I'll be back very soon with atleast 3 more cakes/ cupcakes to show you! I will be very busy this weekend doing what I love...baking!

Alex


1 comment:

  1. Glad you back to baking (and blogging;) Love the Alvin cake! Look forward to seeing what you're cookin up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete