Sunday, March 7, 2010

So once again I've been slacking on my blog! I apologize!

This first cake is the cake that I made in my decorating class. We learned how to do the basket weave technique and several different flowers made from royal icing. The bird is made from color flow icing!



This next cake is one that I made for Mark, my step-dad, for his birthday! He is a huge UK basketball fan!

I had some trouble with this cake, and wish that it would have turned out better. I had planned on having the UK letters made from color flow icing, but I was DUMB and didn't allow the icing enough time to set up, so when I went to put it on it broke! I was terribly upset and it messed the cake up a little bit. All in all I think it turned out okay!



More cakes are coming soon! So make sure to check back in!

-Alex

1 comment:

  1. is that the basket weave cake that I ate? if so, not only are those flowers and the weave amazing, it tasted really good too!

    ReplyDelete