Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mommy's Big Day!



First off I just want to say that....I AM SO PROUD OF THIS CAKE! I love it! This is the kind of cake that I want to do more of in the future!

I did this cake a few weekends ago. My mom was being interviewed for the Courier Journal and they were doing a story on her and cooking. She loves to cook and she is really talented! Everything she makes is absolutely delicious! It amazes how she can just create a recipe and it always tastes amazing! I hope that I can one day be the wonderful chef that she is!

Anyway :) She wanted a cake for the big day to make the kitchen look pretty and I honestly needed the practice! The flowers are just drop flowers that I made using tip 2D. Its a really quick flower to make directly on the cake!


I wish I had taken more time on the border but I ran out of time...oh well. Live and learn!

Well this weekend is going to be jam packed with cakes!

First thing Saturday morning I have an interview with Adrien's Bakery! I am sooooo excited!!! However, I'm extremely nervous at the same time. For the interview we have to flat ice a cake! Wish me luck! And I'll let you know how it goes!

Then after that, I have 2 birthday cakes to make! One for Grandpa which is going to be a four leaf clover because his birthday is St. Patrick's Day. The other one is for my little cousins birthday and he wants a Spongebob cake..we'll see how that turns out haha!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back soon with of course...more cakes!

-Alex

1 comment:

  1. I love this cake too! Maybe you can do something like this for my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete